RAG made its first gas discovery in Puchkirchen in 1956. Conversion of the gas formation into a storage reservoir began in 1982 and was completed in 2009 after a number of expansions. During the summer of the latter year the Puchkirchen facility was linked with the Haag reservoir. The storage facility currently has a maximum working gas volume of 12,215 GWh, and an injection and withdrawal capacity of 5,881 MW.
Puchkirchen/Haag gas storage facility
T +43 50 724-7000
F +43 50 724-7300